Navigating the global tax compliance landscape successfully is complex and resource-intensive. Every country has a specific and constantly evolving set of legislated e-invoicing requirements.
Non-compliance, intentional or not, can result in significant financial penalties, business disruption, and reputational damage.
In 2020, we informed you of the 9% reduced rate that was applied to certain products in Bulgaria:
• Books on a physical carrier or by electronic means;
• Restaurant and catering services, including the supply of food for consumption at home;
• Food suitable for babies and young children;
• Baby diapers and similar baby hygienic items;
• General touristic service, as well as excursions organised by tour operators and tour agents;
• Services for the use of sports facilities.
This reduced rate will now be extended and apply to these products until 31 December 2022.
The Bulgarian National Revenue Agency (NRA) are looking to progress the preparation of a concept for receiving real-time information on invoices this year. The manufacturers of cash registers will become software fiscalizers, because the microcomputers that are in them can send this data to the NRA.
From Jan 1, 2021 until Dec 31, 2022 a 0% VAT rate will be applicable on vaccines.
Let us show you how we can support your business to send 100% compliant e-invoices in 54 countries. Please provide your details and one of our team will be in touch.