A new & improved Tungsten Network Portal is here!
As part of our continuous effort to provide you with the best possible service, Tungsten Network are pleased to announce the redesign of our invoicing portal.
Expanding on the capabilities of our current Portal, the new portal will improve the service we offer to our customers by streamlining registration, increasing security, and making it easier to connect to customers.
Our themes for development this year centre around three core principals and our wider strategy.
- Quicker connections - On-boarding and enrolment
- Slick service improvements – Customer support and SLA improvements
- Flexible sending and receiving with our Total AP & Total AR solutions
With these five goals at its heart…
- Improve your user experience so you can perform tasks quicker and easier.
- Provide a more modern and intuitive design, so you complete day-to-day work in the portal with more ease and enjoyment.
- Increased security, providing more peace of mind during invoicing of customers, small or large.
- Improve the platform’s structure and revise outdated code to ensure we can build and deploy functionality rapidly and meet the deadlines we’ve set for improvements.
- Incorporate new features and functionality that add value to you and make ours the best e-invoicing software on the market
Launch Date – Thursday 23rd January
You will have access to a new navigation layout, as well as a refreshed user experience - in terms of visuals and usability - from Thursday 23rd January 2020. These changes lay the groundwork for us to add new features and functionality throughout the year, akin to consumer platforms you use every day – all with the view to make your day to day invoicing tasks faster, easier, secure and more satisfying.
Key Changes in the Portal Redesign
- Moved the menu navigation from the top of the page to the left-hand side to make it easier for you to navigate and know which menu item you have chosen.
- Main menu items have been renamed, e.g. invoicing to Invoices, My POs to Purchase Orders etc.
- No changes have been made your permissions which means that you will still have access to whichever menu items you previously had access to.
- All the sub menus have remained the same, except for transaction purchases.
- Purchasing of transactions was previously a subcategory under ‘Invoicing,’ this has now been moved under ‘Your Account’ as it is more suitable to house it here.
- Search functionality has been added to the homepage.
- Reskinned the rest of the Portal to match the new menu styling and colour scheme, also in preparation for the development of new apps, e.g. customer connect.
- You are still able to upload your company logo, but a Tungsten Network logo will now be displayed by default if a personal logo isn’t uploaded.
- Users will be logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity. Still, we will show a session timeout message warning the user and giving them the option to stay signed in – enhancing the security of the portal.
- Removed ‘tree view’ from the Account page on the left-hand side and replaced this with the easier to use ‘breadcrumbs’ method.
- Changed the ‘message’ icon to be more identifiable as an icon as previously users provided feedback to indicate this was not immediately obvious.
Coming Soon - Enhanced reporting tools and functionality
Launch date – Est. end of Q1 TBC
Our approach to building the new reporting functionality has been threefold:
- First, we started to capture and analyse metrics on report usage.
- Next, we asked customers for quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Finally, we’re combining this with backend functions to improve speed and optimise performance as well as front-end design.
The enhancements to the reporting tool will stabilise the reporting function, ensure data accuracy and increase the usability of running the right reports for your day-to-day needs and management accounts.
Coming Soon – Automated Customer Connect
Launch date – Est. end of Q1 TBC
We’re automating our customer connect functionality to make it quicker and easier for buyers and suppliers to connect over our network. Suppliers will now be able to search and see if they have other customers on the network, making it quicker to send electronic invoices from the first sign on.
Once a connection request is sent, the back-end process is accelerated so that buyers can accept the connection sooner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Best practice for protecting your account. MFA requires users to link their email addresses to a mobile phone number, adding an extra layer of verification when users log into their portal accounts. This mitigates the risk of unknown users logging into your account using your details.
Tungsten is introducing an additional security feature in order to protect your account and your invoice data further. It will be mandatory for all portal users and will replace the existing ‘Memorable Word’ and ‘Security Question’ features.
You are required to set up MFA using a valid mobile phone number. After the initial setup, you will only be required to authenticate yourself when your IP address changes or if you need to change your password.
If MFA is required, then you will need access to your mobile phone. However, if you have already set it up and your IP address remains the same, you will not be asked to verify your account using your mobile phone.
To change your mobile number, you will need to contact our support team, who will send you the reset link to change your details.
Our MFA provider offers two authentication methods: SMS and Push Notifications. As long as your phone can receive SMS messages, you will be able to use MFA.
It will not cost you any money to authenticate via your mobile phone. You simply need to have an active mobile phone number.
You can authenticate while abroad if you have an active connection to receive SMS messages or have the Authy app installed to receive Push Notifications.
If you have not received an email, click the resend link on screen and wait a short period of time for the email to be sent to your registered email address.
If you have not received a Push Notification on your Authy app, click the resend link on screen and wait a short period of time for the Push Notification to be sent to your Authy app.
If you have not received a code, click the resend link on screen and wait a short period of time for the code to be sent via SMS to your mobile phone.
You can change your preferred authentication method at any time, simply by clicking on the ‘Authenticate via X’ link onscreen.
If you have any questions or concerns about MFA, you can contact our support team who will be able to assist you.
When setting up MFA, you can request up to 15 SMS verifications per day.
Once your mobile number is set up, you can request up to 20 SMS codes a day when trying to log in. If you exceed the limit, you will be locked out of your account for 24 hours, at which point you can request a new code. Please note: each successful login attempt resets your daily limit.
If you use a shared account, e.g. [email protected], then you will need to use a single mobile number to set up MFA. However, please note that if you do not have access to that mobile number and your account requires authentication, i.e. if you are attempting to log in from a different IP address or want to change your password, you will not be able to do so.
The best alternative would be to log into the portal as an Admin user, create individual accounts and use individual mobile numbers to log into the portal.
We are aware that in a small number of cases it will be impossible for users to register their mobile phone and will need to use their email address as an alternative. Tungsten Network takes the security of your transaction data incredibly seriously, therefore it is important that you only use the email method where absolutely necessary.
If you do need to verify using your email address, please allow some time for the authentication message to be delivered.